Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LOL Cats


Take down the missing posters
They litter the street
Mr. Cuddlepuss is now
A furry turd
At the bottom of the canyon
This is coyote country.

Lament not his passing
You were but his captor
He may even have willingly
Exchanged his life
For a few hours of freedom
In the great outdoors
Away from your maudlin embrace.

I know we see things differently
I know you were part of the group
Who kept changing the Wikipedia page
To read ‘Human Companions’
Rather than ‘Cat Owners’
But if I was to lock you up my house
And make you poo in a small gravel box
I don’t think you’d fight so hard
To call me a ‘companion’.

No, I will not lead you to the furry turd
The idea of you picking it up
And carrying it back to our building
Crying and concocting
Some deeply strange funeral ceremony
Near to the communal BBQ
Fills me with rage.

Wake up woman
This mawkish zoophilia
Is twisted and obscene
There are people everywhere
Waiting for your smile
And you won’t have to work so hard
To personify them
Since they are already infused
With deep human thoughts
And emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment