Friday, August 6, 2010

Life Sized Chocolate Man



My wife had a dream the other night. We were throwing a party and I had come home in a state of high excitement. I’d purchased a telephone booth with a life sized chocolate man inside. I was so happy that people would be able to eat the man throughout the night.

After she’d told me I couldn’t stop thinking about it for quite some time. It would be a great addition to our next party. I can just see it now, all our friends carving into the chocolate man. I’d borrow a crème brulee welding torch from a neighbor and melt an eye or ear for the dipping of biscotti or fruit slices.

I’ve now completed a search of local businesses and nobody has such a thing for sale. There was a life size chocolate Lionel Messi available in Barcalona but it’s out of my price range and the thought of eating an actual effigy of a person is unappealing. The closest thing to San Diego was a chocolate bust of one of the stars of Twilight. Again, no good. It has to be a full size chocolate man. In a telephone booth.

A new quest has begun. Let me know if you find anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment